7 oct 2007

Shitty conditions



Poor lights, poor sound (had to use a wireless mic which did not work properly!!) and i was kinda sick. I had lots of mucus up my chest and my voice was like broken. You know when you're about to get pretty sick? Not only that but the food guys were delivering pizzas while i was working. Your typical guerrilla conditions. Sometimes i feel like the 'Che Guevara' of Magic. Heh.

In spite of all these i entertained those fuckers.

Isn't it a pleasure when knowledge you read shows up in real life? I was doing my tricks and stuff and all of a sudden i remembered to 'keep the threads tight'. I was reading 'Los 5 puntos mágicos' by Tamariz and briefly he says that when communicating with your spectators using the sight, you should imagine that between each and one of them and you there's a thread going from eye to eye. You must never let the thread go slack. Keep it tight. Look at them in the eyes. One by one. I was doing my tricks and this thought popped up. Cool.

Good stuff i did: Use the bad conditions to my advantage. Poor sound? Poor lights? Lots of comedy potential!

Another thing that made me feel i'm 'growing up' is that during the doggy balloon routine i had to use an 'emergency' extra balloon because the one i was using was kinda useless. This made a big dead time gap in the routine. I just cruised the dead time with some humor and everything went ok. 'No big deal' you say. Trust me, some time ago this would have been like a nightmare.

Finished that gig and went very fast to my next engagement.

No hay comentarios: