18 sept 2007

Wow!


Last saturday was a very important day! Not only for me as an artist but as a human being.
Before i had my Magic gig i had another gig.
I've been going to comedy acting classes all year long and last weekend we did the 'end of classes show'.
It was a show with 7 acts. 7 different characters. One after the other. I was the closing act.
I appeared on stage and started doing my thing. I was getting laughs and everything was working allright untill i suddenly FORGOT my script.
I went BLANK. Nothing to remember. Not knowing what to say. Pretty much like Sally Field in her Emmy Awards speech.
I was trying to remember my words but there was nothing i could do.

Instead of giving in to fear and despair (thing which i had hitherto donde ever since i started entertaining seriously) i simply did not gave a fuck about my memory loss and just carried on with whatever came to mind.

I started improvising.

And i kicked some serious ass.

I even had them applauding by the end of my ad-lib session!

I behaved very wisely. First i did not give in to fear. Second i asked for help backstage with a joke that ended up in applause. I literaly asked for my next line to the actors who were backstage.

And third and most important: I was determined to have fun!

Imagine my strength by the end of that episode. I was feeling godlike.

The show ended and i headed to my next gig.

I arrived to this place and i was still on fire.

I gave a great performance. Full of life and energy...

I was cracking jokes in twos and threes...

I was feeling a thousand pesos man! I kicked ass again. I was very confident and careless in a good way. I was on top of my game. I felt the difference with all the previous performances...CONFIDENCE AND SELF LOVE.

Self confidence is a ventilator that, when on, dissipates the clouds of fear and doubt.

I want that phrase in my tombstone.

1 comentario:

Juan dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.