6 jun 2010

Open mike at Greenway Court Theater‎


Last wednesday a friend took me to an open mike at this lovely place on fairfax avenue. I went prepared to perform. That is, a deck and a sharpie. In this case i also took the handycam to record the performance, if any. We got there and i signed up. They said that they were not sure they would put me on the list because it´s an open mike for acting stuff. They made us enter the playhouse and i was kinda anxious as i did not know if i was to perform. The show started and a lovely japanese lady played a keyboard and sang. A guy was doing the percussion. After two songs the mc entered and he had a very funny, informal and cool vibe. He made us do some warm-up excercises that included massaging the spectator next to you and stuff. Very funny and relaxing. Then he announced the first four acts. I was not mentioned so i ´relaxed´ for i thought i was not going to perform. After the four first acts they played a movie clip. Then he announced the following acts and...my name was mentioned! Ouch! I started feeling nervous. Butterflies in the stomach and all that stuff.
Finally he mentions me and i went up the stage...I KICKED ASS!! I had a very good reception. My friend loved mi little show (each one had three minutes). I was feeling comfotable and was having a very good time. They loved it and so did i.
I plan to return next month (it´s a once a month thing).

This is all good and positive. I learned this place was taking artists, signed up and rocked the house. That´s the way to do it!
Actually the whole show had an amazingly positive vibe. Everybody was doing it out of love for their craft. Noone was making money yet everybody was so commited to what they were doing. It was an amazing little evening.

GOOD STUFF.

No hay comentarios: