4 oct 2007

I'm a great entertainer...

...but (still) not a great Magician.

I feel i was not born a Magician.

I fell (i could be wrong of course!) that other fellow Magicians are more of 'natural Magis' than me.

I can and do provide great entertainment.

I will satisfy your fun needs, but i don't feel a Magician.

I mean a sorcerer, someone capable of incredible things.

Been entertaining this idea for a while (no pun intended). She must be quite amused by now (intended :). I love performing and i KNOW i was born to perform. I know it's my thing but i also feel that magic tricks are a mere excuse to express myself. That they are secondary. It could have been juggling or papier mache...i don't know.
For some reason it was Magic i chose to begin my quest in the performing arts world.
I guess my choice was due to the fact that i always loved watching magic.
When i was a kid i LOVED so much being fooled badly. I saw Magicians and it was something that i had to be part of.

You know those guys who see a girl and they just know that they have to have sex with her? I felt something like this with Magic (weird comparison?). I JUST had to be part of that stuff.

One more thing that i complain about myself is i would love to have a better understanding of the art. I obviously don't understand it the way my idols do.

Take Juan Tamariz for example. This guy knows magic inside out. He knows each and every path in the labrynth. Magic 'flows' from some people. It flows from their soul.

I don't think this is my case.

8 comentarios:

Juan dijo...

You know,it´s weird but some great magicians say they feel the same way. Just entertainers. Your entreating form is "humor"?

Who Cares dijo...

Really?

Which _other_ (:P) great magicians say this?

Humor yes.

Juan dijo...

David Williamson rings any bell?

Who Cares dijo...

It rings many indeed.

He says that cos he's humble.

He's the humblest human being i've ever met.

He's a great magician.

His 'people accross' is one of the best things i've ever witnessed in terms of comedy and magic.

Made me wanna quit.

Juan dijo...

Men, are you in Buenos Aires?

Do you wnt to meet for a beer?

Who Cares dijo...

I'm in BA sure!

Encontremonos!

A que mail te escribo?

Magical Phil dijo...

Hey! Your blog is just like mine!!! Mine is a diary of my life as a magician from day one too!!!

Take a look at let's keep in touch!!!

PHIL

Who Cares dijo...

Hey Phil!

Thanks for stopping by mate.

Will check yours out soon.

See ya.